Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amelie

One of my favorite movies of all time is Amelie. It takes place in Paris, mainly the Montmartre area, and is a "whimsical depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. It tells the story of a shy waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation."  I've seen it several times and thought today, since I wanted to return to Montmartre to pick up a piece of art I was dwelling on, that I would take a little Amelie tour.

If you've seen the movie, this is a little room off la toilette, and something somewhat 'earth shattering' takes place here!
So I started by arriving at the Métro Lamarck-Caulaincourt and then found my way to the Cafe des Deux Moulins to have a little bite to eat. I have to admit, it is as quirky as it is in the film and there were, amongst some tourists, some interesting characters lulling about. I enjoyed my lunch there (as always, cheese was plentiful on my open veggie croute) and lingered over a cafe creme for part of the afternoon.


That was the extent of my Amelie tour, as shopping once more took over my brain and legs. A few (I'll let you fill in the blanks with any number) shops and bags later, I decided to head back home to drop them off at home for the evening. My afternoon was really nice wandering the streets of Montmartre; it's a quaint and artsy area that is quite lively and worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.
Just another lovely scene in Montmartre

No comments:

Post a Comment