Monday, August 2, 2010

Shopping...Dropping...

Shopping is tiring but I love it - especially here! That was my day (on top of the usuals - running in my favourite park, sitting at a cafe for a cafe creme, seeing neat people on the metro)! I hit the Marais again, a few shops on St. Michels and into one of the districts known for better shopping. Mainly I spent a great deal of time in the Bon Marche and thoroughly enjoyed the eye candy throughout the store in terms of perfumes, jewlery and the major designer's new collections for the fall. I'm not claiming in any way to be high fashion, but it is fun to peruse the looks. Ended up spending most of the time there in the rather large food floor (I'm sure you are surprised). So fun to look at all the oils and vinegars, chocolates, syrups and variety of specialty items. I purchased some petit macarons today of some obscure flavours - cerise hibiscus, lime ginger, chocolate banana, apricot, salted caramel, vanille, and some others that I am having difficulty recalling. I'm really becoming hooked on these little morsels. If you are intrigued by them as well, here's a fun blog review of the Parisian treats. http://www.syrupandtang.com/200806/the-macarons-of-paris-2008-review/

Shopping was quite a nice environment to choose today, shops all over were quiet and you could even hear the rain pouring on the roof of the Bon Marche.
A colorful array of macarons (they don't travel in a shopping bag well) with the cutest bottle of apple juice from Le Bon Marche.

As I do touch on fashion a little here, I have noticed that the woman in Paris have a rather casual unassuming style. I haven't seen anyone really dressed to the nines, most are classy in their understatements. But one thing I have noted is that showing bra straps are not an issue for anyone here, I even saw a bride in her dress with her straps showing. An interesting style.

I believe I saw Ms. Jay Alexander today in the metro. I could be wrong but it sure sounded and looked like him...I should have said something as I was a foot away from him. Those of you who admit to watching America's Next Top Model will know who I am referring to (sad but true!).

One more aside. The red wine I bought at the market has now been opened and is a nice compliment to dark chocolate!

Another great day in Paris!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tanis,

    Just read your whole blog...fantastic job! Feel like I am getting a peek at Paris without the jet lag. I hope you are enjoying your stay...regular life will return too soon.

    Enjoy the rest of your time there. Please consume some baguette, soft cheese and vino (white for summer) for me!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete